And the quote of the day goes to...
- Interviewer: I know it’s often compared to “Twilight,’’ but in “The Hunger Games,’’ the stakes are much higher.
- Elizabeth Banks: What are the stakes in “Twilight’’? Like, “I don’t know . . . should I marry this werewolf?’’
“What’s the worst thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now. You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, cunt (I told you not to hold back!), skank. Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy. I’ve even heard the term ‘mangina.’ Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.” —
Full frontal feminism: a young women’s guide to why feminism matters by Jessica Valenti
Let’s paraphrase Daniel Radcliffe’s views on LGBT rights here to feminism: You don’t have to be female to care. You just have to be human.
- ALL THE
- SMALL THINGS
- TRUE CARE
- TRUTH BRINGS
- I’LL TAKE
- ONE LIFT
- YOU’RE RIGHT
- BEST TRIP
- I KNOW
- YOU’LL BE
- AT MY SHOW
- New coworker: Do you like Spider-Man?
- Me: Yeah. I never finished watching the movies, though.
- NC: A new one is going to come out, but I don't know who the guy playing Spider-Man is.
- Me: Andrew Garfield.
- NC: Don't know him.
- Me: Andrew Garfield. He's English. He was in the Social Network.
- NC: Oh. Never watched that.
- Me: And he was in Doctor Who. He played an American in that, too.
- Me: He's like Bambi.
- Me: He's great.